Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Galveston

If you ask any Houstonian what their opinion is of the Galveston beaches, you will most likely hear the word "gross" in their response. Though I am not denying this (I prefer to say that it is the mud from the Mississippi River that turns everything brown, and leave it at that), I still thoroughly enjoy going there. There is personally nothing more satisfying to me than salty, sticky skin and knotted beach hair; again many would disagree. So when my brother in law, Joe, and I were planning my sister's birthday, we thought it would be fun to go down to Gaidos for Shrimp and Grits, visit the candy stores on The Strand, hit the Poop Deck and then have a champagne and cupcake picnic on the seawall. 

And aside from Joe's "bat-out-of-fiery-hell" driving style, I think she had a great time! There she is below, peeking at me from behind her menu, excited about those grits.


1 comment:

  1. Wow i really want to go here. This looks like a good place for a vacation that I'm definitely in need of. You took great pictures!

    - Sarah
    A Girl In Transit

    ReplyDelete