Monday, June 17, 2013

The Natchez, Mississippi City Cemetery

Below are some pictures I took while walking around in the historic Natchez City Cemetery. There are graves there that go back to the late 1700s. My grandma and I used go there when I was little and we would walk around and she would show me where my relatives were buried. We liked to see where all the old, broken and sometimes hidden graves were. I'd pick out the pretty ones, and sometimes we would see some of the above ground ones that looked like they were broken in to and I would leave spooked!

Also, every year in the late Fall, the city of Natchez does a night time cemetery tour where they have actors pretend to be different people who were prominent in some way throughout Natchez history. Standing next to the grave of the person they are supposed to be, they dress in full costume and explain the details of their lives, just as if they were the actual person. It is so interesting to me! I've always been a history lover.

The beautiful, scenic Natchez, Mississippi River bridge.
We stopped off at the Natchez information center. I felt like a little kid on a field trip.

Where did you grow up? Do you still live there? 

No comments:

Post a Comment